Quebec – Big news!
Many people around the world are welcoming the news that Quebec has lowered the pass mark required to obtain a Quebec Selection Certificate and they have removed the adaptability factor from the points based program. The most important consequence of this move is that the adaptability interview is no longer required, although quality control interviews may still be held. This is good news for current applicants, and for those who plan to apply in the next application cycle which is expected before the end of this year.
The move also means that the selection of skilled workers will be more objective and easier for candidates to anticipate.
There are a number of advantages to the Quebec Skilled Worker Program (QSWP).
- No job offer is required
- Points are awarded for English or French proficiency, but French is not required
- No candidate pool
- No invitation to apply required
- First come, first served
- Points are awarded for your training
- Simple online application
- Processing times are expected to decrease
- No problem if you also apply to the Federal Express Entry program, but only one application will be processed to finalization
The selection factors include:
- Education up to 14 points
- Area of Training up to 16 points
- Validated job offer up to 10 points
- Work experience up to 8 points
- Age up to 16 points
- Language proficiency up to 22 points
- Family or stay in Quebec up to 17 points
- Accompanying children up to 8 points
- Financial self-sufficiency 1 point
While there are points available for French proficiency, candidates are pleased to note that it is not required for this program. If you are well qualified and obtain high points in other areas, you may still be eligible to apply. All applicants must have the intention to reside permanently in Quebec.
- Must score at least 49 points
- Must score at least 57 points
This is a two part process, and once a CSQ has been issued by the government of Quebec, the federal government of Canada conducts medical and security checks.
With the changes to the program, this is an enticing prospect for many potential immigrants looking for a move to Canada. If you would like to have more information, please contact us.