Immigration services fall under the sovereign legal jurisdiction of the Country accepting immigrants. Likewise, Canadian Immigration services fall under the sovereign legal jurisdiction of the Government of Canada. Therefore, the following 2 points have to be considered:
- Dealing with a Foreign company or individual is not acceptable unless for some reason this foreign entity or individual is exempt from such sovereign jurisdiction.
- Not every Canadian Corporations or Individual have the licence to operate immigration or recruitment services.
Be mindful and read on to learn how to avoid being deceived. However, when dealing with Immigration services, you need to be aware of paying for services not based on success. If you want to pay for such services, it should be based on work done.
Recently we have seen in papers about people being cheated by unscrupulous and unlicensed people regarding employment in Canada and here is the article. Here are some major faults and unrealistic dreams being sought after by the applicant:
- If you are going to be dealing with a Canadian Professional for Canadian jobs and you are sending money to New York for such jobs, then you are to blame. Why would you send money to New York, USA for a Canadian consultant to represent your Canadian Employment?
- Certain Provinces in Canada have recruitment licences. Make sure you are dealing with an approved recruiter. For example, The Student Herald is an authorized recruiter in Nova Scotia, check it out here!
- Another Example, Mr Joy Stephen promotes Canada, and he is an Authorized Canadian Immigration Practitioner, you can search and identify his credentials here to confirm!
During Covid, it is difficult for anybody from overseas to find jobs in Canada. There may be a few exceptions. Deal with genuine and licenced professionals to avoid being cheated. Pay for services instead of guaranteed visas. Guaranteed visas are illegal in any developed nation like Canada. However, in-Canada opportunities are quite extensive, especially in the Atlantic region.
When The Student Herald tells you that this is the best time to prepare for post covid opportunities, we are serious about it. We have several temporary residents getting jobs in Canada but Employers are a little hesitant now to take International workers. Please be patient, Please be realistic, Please understand that we are in a global pandemic.
Immigration quotas to Canada have dramatically increased this year and opportunities are likely going to happen, Keep in mind that when opportunities increase, so does corrupt illegal activities as well!